The Best Places to Visit and Things to Do in Greece
Greece located on the crossroads of Europe and Asia combines history, culture, and nature in one beautiful package. With tales told by ruins spilling stories of gods and heroes meeting guests in historical places to islands adorned with lively lakes, Greece seduces the visitor. Join us on a tour of the best places to go and things to do in Greece. Prepare yourself for enchantment with a place where history meets modernity in an incredible and lovely blend. Whether you’re an inquisitive foodie, cultured historian, or simply an enthusiast of sun and sea, Greece offers a vibrant blend of experiences that will leave its indelible mark on your very heart and soul. So, shall we begin our trip in Greece and travel, exploring hidden treasures in every street?
Here are the Best places to visit in Greece & things to do
Athens’ Acropolis Arch
Our journey begins in the heart of ancient Greece’s history —Athens. A UNESCO world heritage site, the Acropolis is the epitome of classic Greece. Behold the Erechtheion, Parthenon, and more historical marvels that will transport you to another era. Another highlight of the Acropolis is that you’ll also find beautiful panoramic views over the city.
The archaeological site of Mycenae is rich in myth and history. Investigate the old fortress, wander the majestic Lion Gate, and pay a visit to the Tomb of Atreus (Beehive type), which is a treasure. The Mycenaean civilization’s central hub was this location.
The largest of the Islands of the Cyclades, and also one of the most charming, Naxos provides you with enough variety to fill your holiday schedule up. Discover the enchanting Medieval Old Town, go hiking up to the top of Mount Zeus or simply lie back on the idyllic beaches & explore ancient ruins such as the Temple of Apollo.
Epidaurus is famously known for its ancient theatre, with an amazing sound system. See a show (or just take in the gorgeous building.) I highly recommend checking out the nearby Sanctuary of Asklepios as well as the on-site archaeological museum.
Get away from it all on car-free Hydra. Discover the picturesque harbor town, hike to reach stunning the Monastery of Profitis Ilias, and bask in the sun at stunning beaches. Hydra is a hidden gem, its cobbled streets and historical charm offer an experience not to be missed.
The second-biggest (oft-forgotten city of Athens), Thessaloniki has a stunning cultural scene. Take your time to visit the White Tower (it’s worth spending at least 1,5 hours there), wander about the Rotunda, and then stroll through the Ano Poli (Old Town ). [Read my full review of Thessaloniki here! Don’t miss out on the vibrant nightlife of Thessaloniki or its delicious street food.
In contrast with much of Crete, however, the island of Rhodes exhibits an impressive fusion of both ancient and medieval history. Wander around the romantic Old Town, a Unesco world heritage site, and visit the palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. Remember to relax at stunning beaches and try water activities.
Discover Greek mythology in Delphi, which the ancients believed was the center of the world. Discover those secrets now at the Temple of Apollo and the Delphi Archaeological Museum. The mythical land of Delphi is nestled in the mountains between rolling green hills and impressive ancient ruins giving visitors an enchanting place to visit.
Perched atop giant stone columns, the monasteries of Meteora are magnificent spiritual and visual delights. Visit the monastery’s relics, follow the walking paths, and enjoy the vistas. It’s a photographer’s fantasy- gorgeous buildings and sweeping landscapes make for unforgettable images.
How to Get a Tourist Visa for Greece from India
- Go to the Official Greek Consulate Website: It is a good idea to begin by visiting the official webpage of the Greek embassy in India (for example, the Embassy of Greece in New Delhi) for detailed information on visa requirements, fees, and forms. Before you leave for the consulate, check to see what you’ll need there because every consulate can have its specific procedures.
- Prepare the Required Documents: Make sure you bring your passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond your trip to Greece, as well as the completed visa application form, passport-sized photos, proof of trip, proof of accommodations (letter of invite if staying with a host, book
- Seek Professional Guidance: Get guidance from experts for visas and preparation of documents; you can talk to or visit the Greece Visa Service from India. They can assist you with filling out the application form accurately, verify whether your papers meet up with the consulate’s guidelines, and give an exhortation about the extra report necessities identified with your application.
- Submission and Interview: You can apply for the visa at any of the centers listed by VFS Global or directly to an embassy/consulate of Greece. Just be prepared if you have to go to an internship interview.
- Wait for Approval: Please wait for the approval of your visa after submitting it. Be sure to plan your travel arrangements ahead of time, normally it takes about a week or two for this process.
- Travel to Greece: When your tourist visa is approved then you’re good to go begin with Greek journey. Be sure when you’re going to have everything for your visa sticker on your passport.
- Greece is an enthralling destination for history buffs, nature lovers, food enthusiasts, and everyone in between. Greece has perhaps the most awesome destination of all and I will say it is my favorite country you must visit: The wondrous historic sights in Athens; the enthralling love and beauty of Santorini; and yes you can’t miss the dreamy monasteries high at But do not forget that if you want to enjoy your dream trip, get yourself a Greece tourist visa from India from here. For a smooth procedure and proper order in the preparation of the visa application for Greece visa service from India. Hence pack your bags, discover the wonders of Greece, and start building memories you will cherish forever.